Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Melt Down'ssssssssssssss

Well lately Carlie has been one melt down after another... I am hoping and praying that this will be a very short phase! Not sure if it is he's turning two, or if his 2 yr. molar's are coming in and he just not himself, or maybe he was just wore out lately...
Today we went to a play date at his friend Carter house and he just didn't listen or play well with other's today, First he opened the bubble's and dumped them all over the deck, then we were all going down stairs and outside to play and he just had a melt down, once outside he tipped the tent over then we were making bird feeders with pine-cone and Jen was putting the bird seed in the water table and Charlie was just throwing and pushing it out all over the ground, then trying to rip toys out of other's hands. I decided I had enough when he took off up stairs and was throwing a fit when I asked him to come back down and play with the other's he wanted no part of it so I asked him if he wanted to go down stairs and play or leave he said leave so we did! Once in the car he is telling me "Me go play Carter's" .... But I couldn't go back after I made it clear he had two options and he had picked to leave.


On the way home I wanted to stop at this teacher/home schooling store and Charlie just laid his head on my shoulder when I took him out of the car and then fell asleep. He had slept well last night... but I guess he needed it he was out for 3 hours!


This afternoon was a little better but I bet we had at least one melt down an hour.


I decided we are going to try and put him to bed earlier and see it that helps, bed time has been 9 for a couple of months now but I moved it to 8 tonight, sure hope we're not up at 4 AM !!! He had a fit when I said it was bed time but he was asleep in like 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Sikes Family said...

Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time lately. I hope this phase is short-lived for you. Maybe some extra sleep will help.