Thursday, September 25, 2008

Itty-bitty teeny-tiny TICKS!!

Well Last evening we decided to drive out to Troy and go to Cuivre River State Park for a hike. We hiked a trail called Turkey Hallow. We seen some berries that we had never seen before, mushrooms in all different color's (white, red, orange, tan, and yellow), and four deer. We enjoyed the hike very much! Came home ate dinner and then put Charlie in the bath. As I was washing his hair I noticed these itty-bitty spots he never had before and then remembered our hiked with friends at Busch Wildlife Area, where I seen those same itty-bitty spots that were TICKS!! Well I then notice a couple of spots on me that aren't normally there. Alerted Chaz and then we begin the Tick removal. Charlie had 14 that we removed and I will be checking him again!! I had 5, and we didn't find any on Chaz. I can believe how small they are! Think of the size of a needle point needle tip that how tiny they are!
Besides the ticks it was a very nice hike and I love that park! We will go back but with bug spray!!

No comments: