Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I took a big Step Today!!!

Last night my friend Jen called and left me a voice mail asking me to drop Charlie off for a couple hours and take some time for myself. Jen is Mom to Charlie's pal Carter, they get along very well! Plus I consider Jen a good friend. Last night at around 11 I woke up and listened to the Voicemail and sent Jen a note telling her I would think about it and would call her this morning. I mentioned it to Chaz and he didn't say anything either way... Well I thought long and hard about it and decided that I should do it, what is the worst that could happen and I have my cell phone so it's not like I was unreachable! We went over a little after 10 Jen had the pool out and Charlie was running around having a good time so I headed out. As I backed out of the driveway I had this nervous... almost sick feeling. I knew Charlie was in good hands, I had no doubt that Jen would take very good care of him and that the boys would play well together. It was just the first time I left my baby with anyone that wasn't Chaz or my parents. Then I needed to figure out what to do for the next couple of hours... I went to Kohl's I thought it would be nice to try on some cloths without Charlie trying to escape the dressing room. I ended up buying Charlie some new shirts and Chaz one too. I had all the fun I could stand so I called Jen to ask if I could bring back some lunch. She had Mac and Cheese for the kids so I picked up some subs for us and headed back. When I rang the door bell I could see in the window by the door (the boys were sitting at Carters table eating snacks) Carter came running to the door Charlie just sat there and acted like I had never left. Jen said he never asked about me and all went very well. I am glad I took her up on her offer! Thanks Jen!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I'm so glad you decided to take her up on that. I bet you had a fabulous time getting out by yourself. I have trouble leaving Adam with people too, you're not alone! But it's so worth it sometimes!

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad to hear you took Jen up on her offer too Ronda. We all need some time to "refresh" ourselves. Enjoy your time up in MI!