Sunday, November 16, 2008

I live with Vampire's!

Why is it I am the only one in this house that think when it gets dark out it's time for bed??? The last two night's Charlie has work up around one thirty or two and stayed up to five-five thirty. Well Friday night Chaz was out so I just kept putting him back in bed and telling him it's dark out it's bed time. Then last night I was just beat. Every once in a while my body has just had a enough and I have to sleep and that was last night Chaz was up anyway so I just let him deal with Charlie. He kept putting him back in bed and I guess he did let him lay on the couch for a little while but did NOT turn on the TV. That is the big sticking point with me. This morning Chaz said he doesn't mind dealing with him and helping he is just doesn't know how I want to deal with it. Chaz thinks I should just let him sleep with us but when he was he was complaining that Charlie hogged the bed, head bunted him and just made it hard to get comfortable. I miss Charlie being right there too but I think it was time and the longer we waited the harder I think it would of been to change. With our new sleeping arrangements we all have a new bedtime routine which includes reading the book Time for Bed by Mem Fox and Charlie then holds the book as he goes to sleep some days resting his head on it. Then I go in after he's asleep and put it up.Last night I heard him talking away and when I went it to put the book up this is how he was... I think he was reading to his Monkey what is also a new must at bed time.

1 comment:

Sikes Family said...

Stay strong with the bedtime thing. You can do it. Charlie is doing well and learning a bedtime routine. Soon, he will know what to expect next and look forward to reading his books and snuggling up with his stuffed animals. Good job.