Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Charlie sleeps alone

Well Last week I had decided that this week Charlie would start sleeping in his room. I did have second thoughts after hearing some people talk about sleeping problems after Halloween but I stuck too it and put him to bed in his room. He was not thrilled with the ideal of going to bed in his room and cried pretty hard but I sat with him till he calmed down. Then I watched Iron Chef America and about half way though the show when I checked on him he was asleep. I sat up till a little after 11 checking on him ever half hour or so. Then a little before one I heard him cry out "help momma help" and went to check on him telling myself to stay strong and just lay him back down and go back to bed. Well his eye were closed and he was just sitting crying ..I handed him his water and he laid down and went back to sleep, then at 2:20 he was crying again He grabbed me I gave him a hug and laid him back a few more cries but I just peeked in the door and he was fine, but at 4 we were up for the day, I tied a few times to get him to lay down and hope he fell back a sleep but gave up by 5:30 and just started our day. Which has been messed up because he fell asleep for his nap at 9:50 and is now getting sleepy and cranky and it's only 5:30 so it may be a long evening till 9.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Keep with it. It will work! It may take a day or two but he'll learn and life will be so much nicer for you! You can do it!

Michelle HAwkins said...

Stick with it momma! He will get it! Just remember, the first time you give in, you will have to start all over again!