Sunday, May 16, 2010

Toby the turtle

When I arrived home from Michigan I went to check on my garden and as I walked along the fence I stepped down on something hard, moving the grass back I found a turtle. Charlie was in love and told us that he was his little friend and that he needed him. So we made him a temporary home in a plastic bin and were thinking we had a new pet. Well he spent the night and we were talking and Chaz looked on line for info on the turtle. It wasn't sounding like such a good idea. Charlie and Moppy feed Toby lettuce ... when heading out to lunch we all notice that he was already starting to smell. At lunch we were telling Charlie that Toby missed his family and he wasn't happy in the little box so we thought we should let him go and maybe he would come visit us again. When we arrived home I said lets let Toby go home Surprisingly Charlie said he wanted him to be Happy and to go home to his family, so we took back out to the spot where i found him and released him. When we came back in I was telling Charlie I was proud of him that he made the right choice for the turtle. He looked up at me and said "I made him happy Mommy, I just want him to be happy" God I love that kid!!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

when I cut the Grass yesterday I seen Toby... guess he didn't mind spending the night with us too much!!