Friday, April 10, 2009

Visiting the Easter Bunny

While talking about it at home he said "No Bunny". So I knew this was not going to be a good experience and my hopes for the smiling boy sitting on that huge bunny lap flew out the window.
Once we arrived at the mall Charlie wanted to go to the play area and ride the rides... (note to self STOP parking by Border's where you go in right by the play area) So we headed for the center of the Mall to see the Bunny, the whole time I am talking it up, how we want a nice smiling picture for Daddy and Granny. We arrive to find two other waiting to see the bunny but no bunny... so I ask when it the bunny going to be here.. I am informed that they bunny will be on site at ten... funny because it's 10:06. Mr. Easter finally shows around 10:15 having trouble walking and keeping the head balanced (another note to self STOP going to Mid Rivers mall for these picture's). Well Charlie sees him coming down the hall and puts this death grip on my neck the closer the the bunny gets the closer I get to being strangled. The first girl in line is I would guess is 7 if not older, she jumps right on his lap and smiles , the second is a boy I'm guess around a year old who takes a little more time to warm up to the bunny but the is clapping and cute as can be. Charlies up... death grip yelling "no Bunny" I try sitting with him he high fives the bunny and takes off I say OK lets step back let some others go and try again.. next try "Charlie do you want to stand by the bunny?"" NO" I stand him next to the bunny and step back tell the Lady just take a picture well he runs across the bench and starts to jump off, Let's just say Mr. Bunny is about to have an heart attack trying to grab Charlie and keep the head on. Try three... "Charlie do you want to show the bunny your dinosaur? he would really like to see it." I take him and stand him by the bunny and say show him your Dino he shows him and is ready to run but the lady did get to snap a quick picture... but I am left wondering why did I poor my son though this any way? I have hundred's of picture's ...OK let be truthful ... Thousands of picture's of Charlie would it really matter if didn't have a picture of him with the Easter bunny or Santa?


Note to Charlie
Dear Charlie, Come Christmas time if you don't want to sit on Santa's lap Moppy is going to remember yesterday and just let it go and not force you to. I love you my sweet boy! Today and Always.
Moppy

No comments: